Tours in Fiji
Denarau Island and surroundings, Viti Levu Island
All guests of Fiji and tourists transiting through this country arrive on the Main Island – the mainland of Viti Levu. The area of the island is 10.388 km2, the length of the island is 146 km2, the width of the island is 106 km2. The island is of volcanic origin, with mountain ranges in the center of the island. The highest point of the island is 1324 meters above sea level. Along the coast there are roads encircling the island, which allows you to freely travel around the island by car or bus. The island is divided into two parts by mountain ranges, with the western and southern parts of the island having a more arid climate, while the north and east are subject to the most precipitation. The mountains are covered with jungle, from unique plants, rare mahogany and tree ferns, which, as a species, appeared on the planet in the time of dinosaurs, 400 million years ago. The highest point of the island is the peak of Mount Tomanivi (otherwise Mount Victoria) 1324 meters. The island is the only known home of one of the largest insects in the world, the giant Fijian horned beetle (15-20 cm long). The island has a hydroelectric power plant that provides the island with electricity and mountain lakes that provide water to the inhabitants. Also, the world-famous mineral water “Fiji water” is mined here.
City of Nandi and Denarau Island. Here is one of the main centers of tourism, due to the presence of a tourist port, from where guests go to the islands of Mamanusa and Yasawa groups, as well as the International Airport is located here and the most interesting sightseeing tours are held.
Guests unable to catch their island hotel transfer upon arrival in Fiji may choose to stay overnight at one of the hotels in Denarau Port District for an overnight stay. We also highly recommend staying 1-2 nights on your return trip to avoid missing your international flight. The island has a large selection of entertainment and sightseeing routes for an interesting pastime after a beach holiday in the resorts.
Transfers to Fiji
Transfers to the resorts are organized around the clock.
Daytime activities include South See Cruise catamarans, Mamanuca Express water taxis and helicopters/seaplanes.
*** Malolo cat catamaran (Leeward Island Services) runs to Musket Cove, Lomani, Plantation resorts. They also depart from the port of Denarau, but these catamarans have a different schedule.
Catamarans depart from Port Denarau, so you should also schedule a transfer by bus or car from the airport to Port Denarau (15 km/about 30 minutes).
We do not recommend organizing a transfer after 15:00, as the ocean at this time is not calm, it may not be comfortable.
The most comfortable way to get to the island hotels is by seaplane or helicopter. The islands can also be reached by Captain’s lounge catamarans (from 3 to 5 hours on the way!), but this service is possible only for early arrivals and it does not always return to Denarau port on time, there is a danger of being late for your international flight.
Transfers are operated by scheduled Fiji Link aircraft from Nadi and Suva airports. We can arrange private seaplane transfers, approximate prices from 7000FJD – 12000 FJD per plane one way, Laucala 6* Resort has its own aircraft.
Planes fly to Vanua Levu and Taveuni only 2 times a day, once in the morning and the second in the afternoon. It is better to return back from the islands the night before the international flight.
Diving in Fiji
Fiji is one of the best diving destinations in the world, thanks to the local coral reefs formed by the so-called “soft corals”.
- The water here is ideal for diving – the temperature stays around +25 °C all year round (May-November) and up to +30 °C in summer.
- Visibility reaches 40 meters.
- On Viti Levu, the best diving sites are in the Coral Cost area (Coral Coast) and Pacific Harbor, in the Beqa Island lagoon, an extinct volcano crater 16 km in diameter
- There are good dive sites along the coasts of Yasawa and the Mamanusa group of islands.
- The southern island of Kandavu with its famous Astrolabe, Namalata, Solo and Tavuki reefs.
- There are interesting underwater caves off the coast of Yasawa.
- Off the coast of the northern islands of Vanua Levu and Taveuni, there are good reefs in the Somosomo Strait, where the world famous “Great White Wall” is located, and the Rainbow Reef with more than 20 dive sites, as well as the islands of Kamea, Laucala and Matangi.
- Two long barrier reefs stretch between Viti Levu and Vanua Levu. The most convenient way to get to the reefs is from Nananu-i-Ra and the Lomaiviti Islands. Wreck diving should be sought in the waters of Levuki – Ovalau Island.
Wedding in Fiji
On the islands of the state of Fiji, an official marriage is possible for citizens of the Russian Federation.
The entire wedding process in Fiji consists of several stages:
- A month before arrival in Fiji, newlyweds send copies of the necessary documents with translation into English.
- Upon arrival in Fiji, you must appear at the Registration Office (an analogue of the Russian registry office), where the couple provides the rest of the documents and fill out a special form “Application for special license”.*
- The officer, after checking all the documents, confirms the legality of the future marriage and puts a stamp in the “Application for special license”, which is provided to the priest before the wedding ceremony.
- Upon returning to Russia, the original Marriage Certificate is sent within two to three months.**
It is better to send copies of documents to Fiji at least a month before the event, ideally two.
- Copies of passports
- Copies of birth certificates
- Copies of divorce certificates or “single status” certificates
All copies, except for passports, must be notarized, translated into English with the seal of the translator, and notarized again. The completed application must be signed in the presence of a notary.
Required documents on site:
- Birth certificates of the bride and groom translated and certified by a notary;
- “Certificate of Single Status” or a certificate of the absence of legal obstacles to marriage;
- The presence of two or more witnesses over 21 years old;***
All documents must be translated into English and certified by a notary (the seal of a notary must be translated and certified).
* It is possible to organize all legal nuances without the personal presence of the couple. It is paid additionally.
***Possible presence of witnesses from the hotel.